What kind of club is Kairos?
Kairos is not a traditional members’ club.
Criteria for acceptance is not the ability to pay or professional affiliation or status.
Instead, membership is open to anyone living with the understanding that we are entering a period of rapid transformation who wants to explore what that might look like in community with others similarly aware.
Kairos aspires to have:
- The level of intelligent yet accessible debate of The Frontline Club
- The charm of The Academy Club
- The subversiveness of a 17th century coffee house
- The counter-cultural energy of Nigeria’s Mbari club
- The global connectedness of the Rotary Club
To join you must:
- Understand the significance of this moment we’re in
- Want to help build a new, coherent world-view that reflects our current reality
- Be open: to new possibilities, alternative perspectives and cross-tribal alliances
- Commit to supporting fellow members and transforming radical ideas into action
Fees and benefits
£120 per annum for those who can afford it;
£60 per annum for the less well off,
Free for the under 30s and those from the Global South and
£120 per annum plus discretionary donation for anyone who would like to help subsidise membership for the less well-off.
Members’ benefits include:
Reduced price tickets to public events, invites to members’ socials and the potential to hire our space for events that fit with Kairos’s principles and values.
We will be introducing more members’ events and socials as we develop the project.
Please first attend at least one event before applying so that you can get a feel for Kairos and we can get to know you.
Upcoming events are listed on the events page. You can also sign up to our events newsletter and follow us on social media.
There’s no need to worry about coming alone. Kairos is an intimate, welcoming space and all our evening events include drinks beforehand and a break for supper that we all eat together.
“The incubation of radical new ideas is a very distinct process with certain conditions: a tight space, lots of heat, passionate whispering and a degree of freedom to argue and work toward a common, focused aim.”
Gal Beckerman, “The Quiet Before”
To find out more about membership, please email us.